Former Google Executive Rikard Steiber Joins Modern Times Group
The pan-European broadcaster names Steiber Chief Digital Officer and appoints new VPs for finance and communications.
Rikard Steiberg, former global marketing director at Google's mobile and social advertising business, has joined pan-European broadcaster Modern Times Group (MTG) as its new EVP and Chief Digital Officer.
Steiberg, who previously headed up Google's product marketing for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, will be responsible for running MTG's digital operations, which will include the development of MTG's online pay-TV and catch-up TV services, online radio stations and the online gaming service Viagame. Swedish-based MTG has free and pay-TV operations across 36 countries, mainly concentrated in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.
MTG made two other appointment announcements Monday, promoting Matthew Hooper to the new position of EVP of Group Corporate Communications and naming BBC Worldwide group finance director Richard Beeston its new VP of finance. Beeston will report directly to MTG CFO Mathias Hermansson, while Steiberg and Hooper will report directly to newly appointed company president and CEO Jorgen Madsen Lindemann.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David