Former Google Executive Rikard Steiber Joins Modern Times Group
The pan-European broadcaster names Steiber Chief Digital Officer and appoints new VPs for finance and communications.
Rikard Steiberg, former global marketing director at Google's mobile and social advertising business, has joined pan-European broadcaster Modern Times Group (MTG) as its new EVP and Chief Digital Officer.
Steiberg, who previously headed up Google's product marketing for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, will be responsible for running MTG's digital operations, which will include the development of MTG's online pay-TV and catch-up TV services, online radio stations and the online gaming service Viagame. Swedish-based MTG has free and pay-TV operations across 36 countries, mainly concentrated in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.
MTG made two other appointment announcements Monday, promoting Matthew Hooper to the new position of EVP of Group Corporate Communications and naming BBC Worldwide group finance director Richard Beeston its new VP of finance. Beeston will report directly to MTG CFO Mathias Hermansson, while Steiberg and Hooper will report directly to newly appointed company president and CEO Jorgen Madsen Lindemann.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR