Google Music's Worst Enemy? Google
A top industry analyst offers five ways the Web giant can work with Hollywood to challenge Apple.
When Google announced its new cloud-hosting music service May 10, high expectations suddenly sagged. Yes, consumers will be able to store online music collections on Google's servers and access their libraries via Android devices, but the Google Music service is not dissimilar to Amazon's new Cloud Drive -- just without the MP3 download store and the ability to buy traditional CDs.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR