Google Names Susan Wojcicki YouTube Head
Susan Wojcicki, Google vp ads and commerce, replaces Google senior vp Salar Kamangar as head of its online video platform.
Google has named a new head of YouTube.
The search giant has named Susan Wojcicki, vp ads and commerce, as the new head of the online video platform. She replaces Salar Kamangar, who is expected to move into another role at Google, according to The Information.
Google CEO Larry Page said in a statement, "Salar and the whole YouTube team have built something amazing. YouTube is a billion-person global community curating videos for every possibility. Anyone uploading their creative content can reach the whole world and even make money. Like Salar, Susan has a healthy disregard for the impossible and is excited about improving YouTube in ways that people will love."
Wojcicki joined Google in 1999 as the company's first marketing manager. Before Google, she worked at Intel and Bain & Co.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR