Google, THR Throw D.C. Party
Hollywood and Silicon Valley are coming together in an unlikely locale: Washington, D.C.
The Hollywood Reporter has teamed with Google to host an invitation-only event April 27 for leaders from the worlds of politics, technology and entertainment. The event will take place the night before the annual White House Correspondents' Association Dinner and will be co-hosted by Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt and THR editorial director Janice Min. The Correspondents' dinner, during which the president and the media break with formalities to joke about each other and themselves, has long been a draw for Hollywood, with this year's event emceed by ABC late-night host Jimmy Kimmel. The THR-Google party marks the first partnership between the brands. It joins other THR events including its annual Women in Entertainment breakfast and Nominees Night, a pre-Oscars party at the home of Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa. "The Google-Hollywood Reporter party will be a great celebration of the one event on the political calendar when people come together and politics are put aside," says Min. "We're thrilled to be a part of it."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!