Google's Nikesh Arora to Receive Innovation Award at Banff
The Canadian festival will honor the U.S. search engine giant at its 2012 edition in June in the Rockies.
TORONTO -- Google will receive the Banff World Media Festival's Award of Excellence in Innovation at the 2012 edition, organizers said Tuesday.
Google’s senior VP and chief business officer Nikesh Arora will be in Banff to receive the honor in June.
“There’s no doubt that Google’s sweet spot is and always has been innovation,” Ferne Cohen, executive director of Banff, said while unveiling this year’s honoree after Netflix picked up the inaugural innovation award in 2011.
Arora, who joined Google in 2004, will also participate in an informal interview at Banff to offer fest delegates his take on the U.S. digital platform’s impressive growth and future plans.
The Banff World Media Festival is set to run from June 10 to 13 in the Canadian Rockies.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR