Google's Nikesh Arora to Receive Innovation Award at Banff
The Canadian festival will honor the U.S. search engine giant at its 2012 edition in June in the Rockies.
TORONTO -- Google will receive the Banff World Media Festival's Award of Excellence in Innovation at the 2012 edition, organizers said Tuesday.
Google’s senior VP and chief business officer Nikesh Arora will be in Banff to receive the honor in June.
“There’s no doubt that Google’s sweet spot is and always has been innovation,” Ferne Cohen, executive director of Banff, said while unveiling this year’s honoree after Netflix picked up the inaugural innovation award in 2011.
Arora, who joined Google in 2004, will also participate in an informal interview at Banff to offer fest delegates his take on the U.S. digital platform’s impressive growth and future plans.
The Banff World Media Festival is set to run from June 10 to 13 in the Canadian Rockies.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'