Gore Verbinski's Blind Wink Productions, Microsoft Ink Content Partnership (Exclusive)
Pact's first collaboration is an Xbox LIVE Arcade video game designed for Kinect.
Blind Wink Productions, the transmedia company founded by filmmaker Gore Verbinski, has cut a deal with Microsoft to create interactive entertainment content exclusively for the company's variety of platforms, including Xbox 360. The pact's first collaborative project is an Xbox LIVE Arcade video game designed for Kinect for late 2012.
Future projects will engage other platforms and be distributed worldwide by Microsoft, whose Xbox 360 game console has distribution deals with Netflix, Hulu and ESPN in addition to its downloadable gaming content.
“Audiences consume content very differently today," said Verbinski. "As an idea house, we at Blind Wink are looking forward to our partnership with Microsoft. Their various platforms give us access to new methods of distribution, allowing us to extend into emerging markets and connect more directly with the audience."
Founded in 2008, Blind Wink’s first production was the Paramount animated film Rango, which Verbinski directed for release earlier this year. The new deal is intended to bring cinematic qualities to the Blind Wink/Microsoft collaborations.
“Xbox 360 gamers can look forward to innovative and creative games from the mind of Gore Verbinski that explore new and exciting gaming territory and take full advantage of our platforms," said Microsoft Studios general manager Matt Booty.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)