Grace Kelly Film: 28 Actresses That Could Play the Hollywood Icon
January Jones, Evan Rachel Wood and Carey Mulligan are just a few of THR’s picks to land the high-profile role.
As THR first reported, Pierre-Ange Le Pogam is prepping a Grace Kelly picture for the big screen. CAA is repping the domestic rights for the film and producers are in search of the lucky actress who will ultimately play the role of a lifetime.
While the Hollywood icon has often been channeled and imitated by starlets of today, the forthcoming project will allow its star to fully embody Kelly’s likeness – bringing just a small portion of her life to a new audience. The spec script, written by Arash Amel, sets Kelly’s personal story against 1962 politics, focusing on a six month period in which the newly minted Princess of Monaco maneuvered behind the scenes in an effort to save the city-state from a coup.
Between a bevy of blonde starlets, period-drama queens and a few dark horses, THR has compiled a list of 28 potential candidates for the high-profile role. Click through the gallery and weigh in on who your top pick would be in the comments below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'