Grace Park joins 'Hawaii Five-O'
Cast as niece of Daniel Dae Kim's character
It is shaping to be a very good broadcast pilots season for "Battlestar Galactica" fans.
A second beauty from the cult Syfy series has landed a drama pilot.
Grace Park, aka Lt. Sharon "Boomer" Valerii from "Battlestar," has joined CBS' "Hawaii Five-O" remake.
The updated take on the original series centers on an elite branch of the Hawaii State Police headed by Steve McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin).
Park will play Kono Kalakaua, the niece of squad member Chin Ho Kelly, played by "Lost's" Daniel Dae Kim.
Kono is a beautiful and smart champion surfer who is about to graduate from the police academy when McGarrett recruits her to join his team.
Park most recently co-starred opposite Benjamin Bratt in A&E's dram drama "The Cleaner."
She joins another "Battlestar" alumna, Katee Sackhoff, who was recently recruited to star in ABC's untitled Richard Hatem drama pilot.
Additionally, Tricia Helfer, who played No. 6 on the sci-fi series, is joining TNT's cop drama "Dark Blue" as a new regular.
And for all "Battlestar" fans who are getting nostalgic by all the casting news, the show's final online auction starts Friday night.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short