Gradiant Interactive Earns Hollywood Post Alliance's Creativity and Innovation Award
The prize, which will be presented at the HPA Awards Gala on Nov. 1, recognizes the company's pre-visualization product, Sandbox.
Gradiant Interactive has been selected to receive The Hollywood Post Alliance’s Judges Award for Creativity and Innovation in Post Production for its pre-visualization product, Sandbox.
The prize, which recognizes companies or individuals for excellence in post production, was announced Tuesday by the HPA. It’s the first of the organizations annual awards – which will be handed out at the HPA Awards Gala on Nov. 1 at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles – to be announced this year.
"The Innovation and Creativity Award was created to honor those people or organizations that are pushing the envelope in post production forward. It was terrific to see the number of entrants and the response to this Award. I applaud the Blue Ribbon panel's decision to recognize Gradient's continued outstanding and innovative contributions," Leon Silverman, HPA president, said.
Gradient Interactive developed the software application Sandbox to offer near real time translation of on-set data into understandable “production” data, ultimately creating a democratized workflow tool that allows users to pre-visualize sequences. Gradient Interactive's Sandbox is a mobile, real-time previs system, which enables users to scout virtual locations, record camera moves and render simple animations from an iPad or Android tablet.
Gradient Interactive's Olcun Tan said, "We are so proud to be recognized by our peers, the organization and by the committee. The HPA, and in particular the C&I award is extremely meaningful to us, it represents what we strive for in all of our work and in particular the last three years of development of Sandbox.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'