GK-tv to Develop Anne Holt Crime Novels Into Series (Exclusive)
The crime novelist's Hanne Wilhelmsen series includes eight books.
GK-tv is getting into business with one of Norway’s best-selling crime writers.
Graham King’s TV shingle, which is developing Port Royal at FX, Dreamland at Lifetime and Hurt People at Cinemax, has closed a deal to develop Anne Holt’s Hanne Wilhelmsen series, which includes eight novels. The detective drama project has not yet been shopped to networks.
Scandinavian noir has been a fertile ground for adaptation coming off of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Holt, who has sold upward of 6 million copies around the world, will serve as an executive producer, alongside producer Anne Thomopoulos (Rome, Generation Kill) and lit agent Niclas Salomonsson.
In addition to her collection of novels, the Oslo-based author and one-time journalist worked for the Oslo Police Department before founding a law firm and serving as Norway’s Minister for Justice.
The project was represented by RWSG and attorney Keith Fleer.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game