Grammy Nominations: By the Numbers
Kanye West leads the nominees with seven; THR breaks down the list of other artists who received multiple mentions.
Kanye West topped the 54th annual Grammy Award nominations, which were announced Wednesday night on CBS.
The rapper received seven mentions, followed by Adele, Foo Fighters and Bruno Mars with six apiece.
The nominations were revealed during CBS' Grammy Nominations Concert Live!! which was highlighted with performances by Jason Aldean, the Band Perry and past Grammy Award winners Lady Gaga, Ludacis, Lupe Fiasco, Sugarland and Rihanna. Valerie Simpson and Mike Stoller – both of whom lost their longtime songwriting partners this year – joined Usher for a moving tribute to songwriters.
Nicki Minaj, Mars, Katy Perry and Taraji P. Henson were among the evening’s presenters. LL Cool J hosted the show.
Following is a breakdown of the artists who received three or more nominations:
Cee Lo Green
Mumford & Sons
Philip Lawrence (The Smeezingtons)
Ari Levine (The Smeezingtons)
Mikkel S. Erikson (aka Stargate)
Tor Erik Hermansen (aka Stargate)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR