Bruno Mars on 6 Grammy Nominations: 'It Feels Incredible'
The singer's "Doo-Wops & Hooligans" will face off against Adele, the Foo Fighters, Lady Gaga and Rihanna for album of the year.
Bruno Mars raked in an impressive six Grammy nominations on Wednesday, Nov. 30, ranking among acts including Adele and the Foo Fighters. A newcomer to the Grammy race, Mars' Doo-Wops & Hooligans is up for album of the year and his hit single "Grenade" for record and song of the year.
"It feels incredible," he said backstage at the Grammy Nominations Concert Live!! inside the Nokia Theatre. "Me and these guys [Producers The Smeezingtons] locked ourselves in a studio not too far from here to work on this album, especially 'Grenade,' that's the song we worked the hardest on. That's our trophy right there.
"Of all the songs that we've been fortunate enough to be a part of this year, we were most proud of that one," Mars added.
As for whether Mars will add "Grammy Winner" to his resume, he'll have to wait until Feb. 12 to see. For now, he'll revel in honor of just being nominated alongside some mega-talented artists.
"I don't know [about] this awards stuff, I'm still getting used to it," he said. "It's hard for me because Adele is incredible, Kanye West is incredible… the fact that this album is being categorized with all these acts, it's incredible."
Asked whether he expected to come out atop the nominations list, Mars quipped, "Um, yeah! What do you think, I do this for fun?"
West nabbed the most nominations for 2012 with seven nods. Mars, Adele and the Foo Fighters trail with six each, while Lil' Wayne and electronic music producer Skillrex -- in one of the biggest surprises of the evening -- came out with five.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)