Grammys 2013: Chris Brown Disses Frank Ocean After Awards Loss, Earns Cool Audience Reception
The controversial singer was caught staying in his seat after losing an award to Ocean, a snub that came right after the audience declined to applaud him.
Even when doing nothing, Chris Brown makes headlines.
The controversial singer, who was nominated for best urban contemporary album at Sunday's Grammy Awards, was caught by CBS' camera staying in his seat as the audience stood to applaud the category's winner, Frank Ocean. Brown and Ocean were involved in an altercation over a parking spot at a West Hollywood recording studio on Jan. 27.
A police report from the incident alleged that Brown threatened to shoot Ocean. Later, Ocean announced he would not press charges.
The seated protest came just moments after the auditorium stayed silent when Brown's name was announced as one of the category's nominees. Due to the lack of applause, speculation arose that CBS added a track of cheers to its television broadcast. CBS did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR