Grammys 2013: Chris Brown Disses Frank Ocean After Awards Loss, Earns Cool Audience Reception
The controversial singer was caught staying in his seat after losing an award to Ocean, a snub that came right after the audience declined to applaud him.
Even when doing nothing, Chris Brown makes headlines.
The controversial singer, who was nominated for best urban contemporary album at Sunday's Grammy Awards, was caught by CBS' camera staying in his seat as the audience stood to applaud the category's winner, Frank Ocean. Brown and Ocean were involved in an altercation over a parking spot at a West Hollywood recording studio on Jan. 27.
A police report from the incident alleged that Brown threatened to shoot Ocean. Later, Ocean announced he would not press charges.
The seated protest came just moments after the auditorium stayed silent when Brown's name was announced as one of the category's nominees. Due to the lack of applause, speculation arose that CBS added a track of cheers to its television broadcast. CBS did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws