Grammys Crasher Jailed for On-Stage Adele Stunt (Video)
Jennifer Lopez held her composure when a man, who once earned a slap from Will Smith on the red carpet, intercepted the singer's win.
A Grammys crasher spent the night behind bars for storming the stage during the ceremony -- a moment broadcast around the world but noticed by very few.
At the moment Jennifer Lopez presented Adele with her Grammy for best pop solo performance, the evening's first award, a man in a tuxedo and black glasses appears at the microphone to greet the "Set Fire to the Rain" singer.
"It's such an honor to receive this award," the man can be heard saying as a stunned Adele climbs the stairs to the podium, adding, "I love you, Adele."
Lopez then gives the man a stern look and, with a flick of the thumb, gestures him off stage.
As Lopez's co-presenter Pitbull offers Adele a kiss of congratulations, the man clearly can be seen exiting upstage as Lopez, maintaining perfect composure, turns around momentarily to catch a second glimpse of the interloper.
It's all over in the blink of an eye.
The identity of that man can now be revealed: It was none other than Vitalii Sediuk, a TV presenter on Ukraine's 1+1 who already boasts an international reputation for celebrity pranksterism.
In May, Sediuk grabbed headlines after he kissed Will Smith on the red carpet at the Moscow premiere of Men in Black 3 -- earning a shove and a slap from star.
A source close to the prankster tells The Hollywood Reporter that Vitalli managed to infiltrate the Grammys ceremony despite holding no ticket or credentials of any kind. He walked by security guards and strolled down the red carpet before entering Staples Center alongside Katy Perry.
Once inside the arena, he took a seat in the second row, directly behind Justin Timberlake and wife Jessica Biel.
The source says the A-list position actually was the one assigned to Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine, a latecomer who took a seat on the floor when he found his assigned seat had already been filled.
After he intercepted Adele's moment -- her ninth Grammy win -- and walked off the stage, Sediuk was detained by event security and placed under arrest for trespassing.
Sediuk spent the night in jail, and was released pending a court date set for March.
The stunt is all the more impressive considering the heightened security precautions taken at this year's Grammys ceremony by the Los Angeles Police Department as their search continues for fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera