Grammys: Lorde, Kendrick Lamar Dominate Social Media (Video)
UPDATED: Macklemore's mass wedding, Daft Punk and Beyonce and Jay Z's sultry show opener were also top topics on Twitter, Facebook, Bing and Shazam.
Of the many memorable moments from Sunday night's Grammy telecast, which one topped the conversations online?
On Twitter, Lorde was the hottest topic of the 15.2 million Grammy-related tweets during the show's East Coast airing, followed by Beyonce and Taylor Swift. Though her Grammy stage debut of "Royals" and best pop solo performance win sparked 146,083 and 152,688 tweets per minute, respectively, the top tweeted moment of the awards show was at 9:50 ET, when Kendrick Lamar took the the stage with Imagine Dragons for a strobe-filled spectacle, triggering 171,593 tweets per minute.
On Facebook, 6.3 million people had more than 13.5 million interactions related to the show. The top Facebook moment, based on the volume of posts, likes and comments during the show was Queen Latifah presiding over 33 weddings while Macklemore and Madonna performed a medley of "Same Love" and "Open Your Heart." The second-biggest moment was Kendrick Lamar's performance with Imagine Dragons. After that, the most popular moments were Metallica and Lang Lang's performance of "One," Macklemore and Ryan Lewis winning best new artist and Beyonce and Jay Z's sultry show opener.
Which show moments had viewers searching for answers? According to Bing's search spikes, Katy Perry's witchcraft-inspired performance puzzled audiences the most. The singer joined with Juicy J to sing "Dark Horse" while wearing a purple cape and a glowing bustier, and outfitted the stage with giant broomsticks, towering trees and a ring of fire. The second-highest spike of Bing's night came from the Grammys' biggest winner -- Daft Punk. The French duo, who also performed with Pharrell Williams, Stevie Wonder and Chic's Nile Rodgers, took home the accolades for record and album of the year, as well as best pop/duo performance and best dance album.
Coming in third was the onstage reunion of Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr. McCartney took to a colorfully painted Magical Mystery Tour piano while Starr manned the drum set for a performance of "Queenie Eye," McCartney's new song. Other top searched moments of the evening included Lorde's performance, Swift's "All Too Well" headbanger, Pink's acrobatic rendition of "Try," and Beyonce and Jay Z's show opener.
With so many performances in a single awards ceremony, the Grammys show was also a night of music discovery. Of the 1.1 million Grammy Shazams, the top stage moments for the music app were those of Lamar/Imagine Dragons, John Legend, Kacey Musgraves, Queens of the Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails and Hunter Hayes. The top Shazam song purchases were Legend's piano ballad "All of Me," Musgraves well-lit "Follow Your Arrow," Swift's "All Too Well," Daft Punk's winning "Get Lucky" and Hayes' "Invisible," which he debuted in a performance featuring projected encouragements from the likes of Steve Jobs, Johnny Depp and Lady Gaga.
On TiVo, though, it was Pink's acrobatic performance that had viewers reaching for their remotes to see what they'd missed. TiVo's second most-rewatched moment was Robin Thicke's medley with Chicago, featuring his hit "Blurred Lines," along with a couple of Chicago's classics. Katy Perry, Daft Punk and Lorde's performances rounded out the top five.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead