Grammys: Lorde Performs Rhythmic 'Royals' (Video)
The New Zealand phenom made her Grammy debut on the Staples Center stage Sunday night.
Lorde made her Grammy debut on Sunday night by performing her breakout hit "Royals" at the Staples Center.
With projections of statues behind her and a rhythmic opening sequence, the dark-lipped singer took the stage with her signature mane tamed and wearing a sleeveless, white button-up with black trousers.
The "Team" singer (nee Ella Yelich-O'Connor) nabbed four Grammy nominations, including record, song and pop solo of the year (for "Royals") and best pop vocal album (for Pure Heroine).
The New Zealander called her musical debut's four nominations "so phenomenal and moving" ahead of the Jan. 26 ceremony.
"It has been quite weird; I never saw myself as a Top 40 princess," she said in THR's music issue. "I do not want to get my hopes up in any way, but I would be pretty psyched to win a Grammy. I'm excited for everything that will go along with the day -- seeing a bunch of my friends, dressing up, performing will be really fun. … It sounds like prom on 'roids or something."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack