Gravitas Ventures Picks Up Maggie Kiley's 'Brightest Star'
The film, which debuted at the Austin Film Festival, stars Chris Lowell and Rose McIver.
Gravitas Ventures has acquired North American rights to Maggie Kiley’s Brightest Star, which just had its world premiere at the Austin Film Festival, where it screened under the title Light Years.
The film, starring Chris Lowell, Rose McIver, Jessica Szohr, Clark Gregg and Allison Janney, concerns a college student who sets out to win back the girl of his dreams. It was written by Matthew Mullen and Kiley, who is making her feature theatrical debut, and was produced and financed by Paul Finkel and Jason Potash through Storyboard Entertainment, along with Kyle Heller and Gina Resnick. It is based on Kiley’s short film Some Boys Don’t Leave, which starred Jesse Eisenberg.
The distributor plans to open the feature theatrically and offer it on VOD in late January.
The deal was negotiated by Melanie Miller, Gravitas vp acquisitions and marketing, and Noor Ahmed of Reder & Feig on behalf of the filmmakers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game