Gravitas Ventures Picks Up VOD Rights to Doc 'Fight to Live' (Exclusive)
Barbara Kopple's film highlights the struggles of bringing a drug to market through the FDA.
Gravitas Ventures has picked up VOD rights to Fight to Live, the documentary from two-time Oscar winner Barbara Kopple.
The film details the struggles of bringing a drug to market through the FDA and the many people that die waiting for "compassionate use" of the drug to be allowed. It's produced by Kopple, who directs the pic, alongside Glenn Rigberg, Carla Woods and Hilary Birmingham in association with Cabin Creek Films and Inphenate.
Gravitas will release Fight to Live, which first premiered at the Woodstock Film Festival in 2012 before making the rounds at several other festivals throughout the country, through VOD on Jan. 15.
Kevin Iwashina and Zac Bright of Preferred Content negotiated for the filmmakers. Chad Miller and Mia Bruno negotiated the deal on behalf of Gravitas Ventures.
Kopple has won Academy Awards for Harlan County, USA (1976) and American Dream (1991). Her next project, Running From Crazy, is currently in select theaters and will air on OWN in 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game