Baz Luhrmann's 'The Great Gatsby' to Open May 2013
The filmmaker's epic adaptation -- starring Leonardo DiCaprio -- originally was scheduled to open Christmas 2012.
Warner Bros. will open Baz Luhrmann's 3D film adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel The Great Gatsby on May 10, 2013, a high-profile summer date.
Headlining Leonardo DiCaprio, the movie will begin its international rollout a week later. Great Gatsby also stars Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher and Jason Clarke.
Great Gatsby originally was scheduled to open Christmas 2012 but was pushed back to allow more time for postproduction.
"Audiences have been looking forward to Baz Luhrmann's film adaptation of one of the most beloved books of all time, and we felt this beautifully extravagant and dramatic film would be a perfect way for us to kick off the summer slate," said Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman, who announced the release date with Warner Bros. president of international distribution Veronika Kwan Vandenberg.
Lurhmann co-wrote the adapted script with frequent collaborator Craig Pearce. He also is a producer alongside Catherine Martin, Lucy Fisher, Douglas Wick and Catherine Knapman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR