Baz Luhrmann's 'The Great Gatsby' to Open May 2013
The filmmaker's epic adaptation -- starring Leonardo DiCaprio -- originally was scheduled to open Christmas 2012.
Warner Bros. will open Baz Luhrmann's 3D film adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel The Great Gatsby on May 10, 2013, a high-profile summer date.
Headlining Leonardo DiCaprio, the movie will begin its international rollout a week later. Great Gatsby also stars Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher and Jason Clarke.
Great Gatsby originally was scheduled to open Christmas 2012 but was pushed back to allow more time for postproduction.
"Audiences have been looking forward to Baz Luhrmann's film adaptation of one of the most beloved books of all time, and we felt this beautifully extravagant and dramatic film would be a perfect way for us to kick off the summer slate," said Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman, who announced the release date with Warner Bros. president of international distribution Veronika Kwan Vandenberg.
Lurhmann co-wrote the adapted script with frequent collaborator Craig Pearce. He also is a producer alongside Catherine Martin, Lucy Fisher, Douglas Wick and Catherine Knapman.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David