Greek Movie 'L' Wins Grand Prix at IFF Molodist
Adam Leon's "Gimme the Loot" named as the international competition's best movie.
MOSCOW – The film L by Greek director Babis Makridis collected the Grand Prix of the international film festival Molodist, which drew to a close in the Ukrainian capital Kiev on Oct. 28.
The movie was awarded The Golden Scythian Deer, which comes with a cash prize of 80,000 Ukrainian hryvnas ($10,000).
Gimme the Loot by American director Adam Leon was awarded as the best feature film in the international competition, and the movie’s star Ту Hickson was given a special mention. Another special mention went to Turkish actress Begum Akkaya for her role in the Austrian film Kuma, directed by Umut Dag.
Oh Willy..., directed by Emma De Swaef and Marc James Roels and co-produced by Belgium, France and the Netherlands, was announced the winner of the short film competition. The film also won the Ecumenical Jury’s prize, which it shared with the Dutch/Spanish feature Hemel, directed by Sacha Polak. The short film competition’s jury gave special mentions to France’s Le Facteur Humain (The Human Factor), directed by Thibault LeTexier and Spain’s Circus, directed by Pablo Remon.
Antonina Noyabrova’s Den Nezavisimosti (Independence Day) collected the main prize in the Ukrainian national competition. Special mentions were awarded to Denis Spolitak’s Mizh 20 I Opivnochi (Between 20 and Midnight) and Volodymyr Tykhyi’s Hamburg.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws