Green Day Partners With Angry Birds
Fans will be able to unlock a new song by the rock trio in the 10-level game.
Green Day is getting the Angry Birds treatment, with a 10-level edition based on the punk rock band coming to the Facebook-based game soon.
Each of the group's three members -- Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool -- has been re-imagined as a pig for the Rovio game, and fans will be able to unlock a new Green Day song, "Troublemaker," while playing the themed Angry Birds edition.
According to Armstrong, the whole band plays the popular mobile game. "It's such an addictive game that when we first started playing it we couldn't stop," he said in a statement.
A trailer for the collaboration was released today, and features snap shots of the game set to Green Day's latest single, "Oh Love." No release date for the game was given, just that it was coming later this fall, with updates on more exclusive content coming soon.
Green Day is currently reading a trio of releases, ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tré!, the first of which hits shelves Sept. 25. The video for "Oh Love," the album trilogy's first single, dropped last week.
Check out a preview of the game below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera