Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong Kicked Off Flight for Sagging Pants
The singer also sasses the Southwest Airlines flight attendant who repeatedly requested his cooperation.
Green Day singer Billie Joe Armstrong was kicked off a Southwest Airlines flight Thursday night for wearing sagging pants and back-talking a flight attendant.
Armstrong and a companion were on their way to Burbank, Calif. from Oakland, Calif. when the incident occurred. Passengers were preparing for departure when a flight attendant approached the musician -- who was waiting to put his bag in an overhead compartment -- and asked him to pull his pants up, according to an ABC news producer who was on the flight.
Armstrong responded, "Don't you have better things to do than worry about that?" The flight attendant then repeated the request and threatened to have Armstrong taken off the plane if he didn't comply.
He was removed from the flight after answering, "I'm just trying to get to my f**king seat."
The singer tweeted after from the airport, "Just got kicked off a southwest flight because my pants sagged too low! What the f**k? No joke!"
He took the next available flight to L.A.
Southwest said in a statement, "As soon as we became aware of what had happened, we reached out to apologize for this Customer's experience. He elected to take the next flight. We followed up with this Customer and involved Employees to get more details and, in our latest conversations, understand from the Customer the situation was resolved to his satisfaction."
Armstrong isn't the first famous person to have a run-in with Southwest: In 2010, Red State director Kevin Smith was booted from an Oakland to Burbank flight for being too fat.
He responded with a series of angry tweets:
"Oakland Southwest attendant Suzanne (wouldn't give last name) told me Captain Leysath deemed me a "safety risk". Again: I'm way fat... But I'm not THERE just yet. But if I am, why wait til my bag is up, and I'm seated WITH ARM RESTS DOWN."
"I was wrongly ejected from the flight (even Suzanne eventually agreed). And f--- your apologetic $100 voucher, @SouthwestAir. Thank God I don't embarrass easily (bless you, JERSEY GIRL training). But I don't sulk off either: so everyday, some new f----you Tweets for @SouthwestAir."
"The @SouthwestAir Diet. How it works: you're publicly shamed into a slimmer figure. Crying the weight right off has never been easier!"
Smith shed 65 pounds a year after the incident.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack