Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong Hospitalized in Italy (Video)
UPDATED: The band canceled its Bologna concert over the weekend due to the singer's unspecified illness.
Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong was rushed to the hospital over the weekend due to an unspecified illness, NBC News reports. As a result, the band was forced to cancel its concert in Bologna, Italy.
The pop-punk band was scheduled to play the I-Festival on Sept. 2. When Armstrong fell ill, bandmates Tres Cool and Mike Dirnt posted a video message on YouTube, offering an apology to fans but no details on the frontman's condition.
"We're beyond devastated," said Tres Cool. "We're as sad as you guys are. Billie's extremely upset about it, and we'll see you very soon."
Later Tuesday, TMZ posted video of Armstrong leaving the airport in Los Angeles on Monday, mouthing: "My voice is gone."
The band rolls out its upcoming album trilogy, ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tre! beginning Sept. 25, with the second and third installments following on Nov. 13, and Jan. 15, 2013, respectively. The band also is releasing two documentaries to coincide with the records' arrivals. They are also set to premiere a song from the trilogy at MTV's Video Music Awards on Thursday.
Health issues notwithstanding, Armstrong has much on his plate this fall: he debuts on season three of NBC's The Voice as a mentor on Christina Aguilera's team. The latest installment of the singing competition premieres Sept. 10.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram