Green Day frontman joins 'American Idiot'
Billie Joe Armstrong set for eight Broadway performances
Green Day lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong is joining the cast of "American Idiot," the Broadway musical based on the band’s 2004 album.
Armstrong will make his Broadway debut Sept. 28 as one of the key members of the show, playing a drug dealer.
"Idiot," which originated in Berkeley, Calif., centers around a group of teenagers who are fed up with the dullness of suburbia. Armstrong will make eight performances until Oct. 3, when he leaves for the band’s South American tour.
Armstrong, who composed and co-wrote the musical, is filling in for Tony Vincent, who is on leave for a personal family matter, according to producers. Vincent is expected to return Oct. 12.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera