Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong to Star in 50 Performances of 'American Idiot'
He’ll perform as St. Jimmy on Broadway from Jan. 1 through Feb. 27.
Following his debut in American Idiot in September, Billie Joe Armstrong is once again taking on the role of St. Jimmy in the Broadway show based on his band's Grammy-winning 2004 album.
The Green Day frontman will take on the role of the punk rock freedom fighter from Jan. 1 through Feb. 27 at the St. James Theater in New York City, according to the show's website. His appearance will come in several installments: Jan. 1-9, Jan. 18-23, Jan. 25-30, Feb. 10-20 and Feb. 22-27.
Armstrong first appeared in the rock opera from Sept. 28 to Oct. 3. He replaced performer Tony Vincent, who went on leave for a family matter. Vincent's final performance as St. Jimmy will be Dec. 30.
And what does he really think about his own show?
"It's breaking boundaries," Armstrong explained in a video on the site. "It's raw. It's not corny."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR