‘Green Hornet’ Earns Estimated $550,000 at Midnight Showings
It is a good start for Sony’s 3D superhero action flick.
Sony's The Green Hornet earned an estimated $550,000 in midnight grosses from approximately 700 theaters, a good start for the superhero pic.
January isn’t a time that usually sees big midnight grosses, so Sony was pleased that Green Hornet did comparable business to summer titles Salt, Grown Ups and The Other Guys.Today, Green Hornet expands into a total of 3,584 theaters domestically, including more than 2,700 3D runs. Pic also plays in 174 Imax runs. Overseas, it begins rolling out in a number of key territories. Directed by Michel Gondry, Green Hornet toplines Seth Rogen and Jay Chou. Cameron Diaz and Christoph Waltz also star. Green Hornet has been tracking great with younger males in particular.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting