'Green Hornet' to get Imax treatment
Simultaneous with domestic 2D and 3D release on Jan. 14
BANFF, ALBERTA -- Sony Pictures Releasing's "The Green Hornet" will buzz onto Imax screens simultaneous with the film's domestic 2D and 3D release on Jan. 14, 2011, it was announced Tuesday.
Toronto-based Imax will digitally re-master the 3D version of the comic book actioner, complete with visual-effects shots, for its super-sized screens.
The Seth Rogen-starrer was earlier moved from Dec. 22 to Jan. 14 enabling Imax to accommodate the Sony Pictures Releasing pic on the Martin Luther King holiday weekend (HR, April 22).
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"