'Green Hornet's Jay Chou to Star in Emperor Pictures' 'The Viral Factor'
International thriller co-stars Nicholas and is directed by Dante Lam.
HONG KONG – Green Hornet sidekick and Asian entertainment powerhouse Jay Chou will star in Emperor Motion Pictures’ $25 million action thriller The Viral Factor, scheduled for release in late January during the Chinese New Year 2012 holiday.
Director Dante Lam and star Nicholas Tse reteam for the third time in Viral Factor after the award-winning Beast Stalker and Stool Pigeon. The film is Chou's first Chinese language since playing Seth Rogen’s sidekick in The Green Hornet. The actors play estranged brothers on opposite sides of the law, who reunite in their bid to thwart a villain’s plan to spread a fatal virus aroundthe world.
Filming of the high-voltage actioner took place in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, locations that director Lam described as giving the film “a realistic, oppressive feel. The realism in this film will give the audience a completely different experience,” he said.
“From the storyline to the action and the locales, we are confident that the appeal of The Viral Factor will reach a considerably wider audience than just the Chinese market,” said Emperor Motion Pictures CEO Albert Lee.
Co-produced by Emperor and Beijing Universe Starlight Culture Media, the film is repped by Emperor Motion Pictures internationally.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR