'Green Lantern's' Blake Lively: 5 Things You Didn’t Know
Catch up on actress, who plays Ryan Reynolds’ love interest Carol Ferris in Warner Bros.' adaptation of the DC Comic.
Blake Lively stars as Carol Ferris, the Green Lantern's (Ryan Rynolds) love interest, in the anticipated superhero film, which hits theaters Friday. Here are a few things you may not know about the actress.
1. Jennifer Garner and Keri Russell were also in contention for the role of Carol Ferris in the DC comics adaptation by Warner Bros. THR REVIEW: Green Lantern
2. Lively's entire family is involved in the entertainment industry. She's the youngest of five siblings (a brother, two half sisters and a half brother). Her parents would take them with her to acting classes to save money on hiring a baby-sitter, she told W magazine. STORY: What Critics Say About Green Lantern
3. She began her acting career at age 11, when she appeared in the 1998 film Sandman. She earned a Teen Choice Award nomination for her role in 1995's The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but her breakout role was as Serena Van Der Woodsen in the CW's Gossip Girl, which premiered in 2007.
4. She makes a cameo, along with Jessica Alba, in the music video for Lonely Island's "I Just Had Sex," which was released in January 2011. PHOTOS: Green Lantern and More Summer Blockbusters
5. She supported Barack Obama in the 2008 election, appearing with her then-boyfriend (and Gossip Girl co-star) Penn Badgley in a commercial endorsing him for MoveOn.org's Youth Vote program. It was directed by Doug Liman, the executive producer of Bourne Ultimatum and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR