'Good Day New York' Anchor Greg Kelly Rape Charges Dropped
The Fox newsman is the son of New York City police commissioner Ray Kelly.
Greg Kelly, co-anchor of Good Day New York and son of Ray Kelly, the NYC police commissioner, is off the hook in a rape case that nearly cost him his job.
Manhattan prosecutors decided to drop the charges against Kelly following an investigation into a woman's allegations that he raped her last year.
"I am thankful that the investigation established what I've known all along, that I am innocent of the allegations that were waged against me," Kelly said in a statement, according to the New York Daily News.
He'll continue as co-host on the Fox affiliate WNYW-TV's Good Day, from which he's been absent since Jan. 25 while the case made tabloid headlines.
"After reviewing all of the evidence, we have determined that the facts established during our investigation do not fit the definitions of sexual assault crimes under New York criminal law," said Martha Bashford, who runs the Manhattan D.A.'s office sex crimes unit, in a letter to Kelly's lawyer on Tuesday.
His accuser filed her complaint last month, claiming the 43-year-old raped her last October after they met on the street and had drinks in downtown Manhattan. The two went to her office at a law firm, where she claimed the sexual assault occurred while she was incapable of consenting to sex; she told police she got pregnant from the incident and had an abortion.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)