Greg Kinnear and Jennifer Connelly to Star in 'Writers'
The indie drama, about complicated family relationships, will mark the feature directing debut of Josh Boone.
Greg Kinnear and Jennifer Connelly are in negotiations to star in the indie Writers, which will mark the feature film directing debut of Josh Boone, who has also written the original screenplay.
The drama will focus on the complicated relationships between a successful novelist, played by Kinnear, his ex-wife (Connelly) and their collegiate daughter and teenage son.
The project is being produced by Informant Media’s Judy Cairo (Crazy Heart), whose upcoming projects include Hysteria, starring Maggie Gyllenhaal and Hugh Dancy, which is to be released by Sony Pictures Classics in May, and The Expatriat, starring Aaron Eckhart. Executive producing are Informant’s Michael A. Simpson and Eric Brenner, and The Solution Group’s Myles Nestel and Lisa Wilson). The film is being produced in association with MICA Entertainment.
The Solution is handling international sales, and CAA is handling the U.S. rights on the project, which is scheduled to begin filming in Wilmington, N.C. in March.
Kinnear, Connelly and Boone are all represented by CAA. Connelly is managed by The Schiff Company.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR