Gregg Allman Postpones Book Tour For Medical Reasons
The rocker is delaying the tour for "My Cross To Bear" to undergo unspecified heart tests.
The book tour by Gregg Allman to promote his widely anticipated new memoir "My Cross To Bear" is being put on hold while the rocker undergoes tests at a Jacksonville Hospital.
Allman was to have started his book tour on May 1 in New York City, the same day the book goes on sale, followed by appearances in Boston, Atlanta, Los Angeles and other cities over the next month.
But now everything is being delayed at least a week. His publisher William Morrow announced that Allman will "undergo diagnostic cardiac testing stemming from his hernia operation" at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville on April 27. It's the same hospital that performed Allman's 2010 liver transplant. The procedure will determine what, if any, additional treatment may be needed.
In the statement Allman said, "I've been working on the book for years and am grateful for all the support I've received in putting it together. As soon as doctors give me the thumbs up to go back on the road, I will be heading out onto my book tour and I can't wait to meet all of my fans."
If Allman does not require further treatment the plan is to start the book tour on May 8 now, pushing everything back a week.
Allman is still planning on touring this summer with The Allman Brothers Band. The group will announce its summer tour schedule on May 1.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR