Greta Gerwig, Adam Brody to star in 'Damsels in Distress'
The movie is Whit Stillman's first since 1998's "The Last Days of Disco."
Greta Gerwig and Adam Brody are starring in Castle Rock's "Damsels in Distress," Whit Stillman's first movie since 1998's "The Last Days of Disco."
The movie revolves around a group of style-obsessed college girls who take in a new student (Gerwig) and teach her their misguided ways of helping people at their grungy university, sort of "Mean Girls" filtered through the lens of the filmmaker behind such urbane indie dramas as "Barcelona," "Metropolitan" and "Disco."
The crux of the story is focused on the relationship between Gerwig's character and a suitor (Brody), whom the girls are taken with but have doubts over his intentions.
Shooting is under way.
Gerwig, repped by UTA and Caliber, starred opposite Ben Stiller in "Greenberg" and recently shot "Arthur," the Russell Brand-starring remake of the 1981 comedy.
Brody, repped by UTA, last appeared in "Cop Out." He has ensemble dramedy "The Oranges," co-starring Hugh Laurie and Catherine Keener, in the can and recently wrapped "Scream 4."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR