'Grey's Anatomy' Star Ellen Pompeo Reveals Details About Musical Episode
"The way it unfolds isn't typical," Pompeo says of the upcoming episode.
Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo opened up about the ABC series' upcoming musical episode in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres.
"I don't want to give too much away but the way it unfolds isn't typical," Pompeo said in an interview set to air Tuesday on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. "There is some singing and dancing but basically we're taking songs that the show has made famous like the Fray [the band behind 'How to Save a Life'] and 'Chasing Cars' and those kind of songs and we're singing them. So it's the music you're used to hearing."
The musical episode, which airs March 31, is centered on a character in a coma who is dreaming about the hospital staff singing.
Sara Ramirez's character, Callie, also plays a big role.
Ramirez "won a Tony for Spamalot so she can really sing, so she does the bulk of the singing," Pompeo said.
Pompeo admitted that she wasn't initially excited about the idea of a musical episode.
"When [showrunner] Shonda [Rimes] presented the idea, of course I did my eye roll and the 'Oh, brother' that comes along with it," Pompeo said. "And then we read it and I have to say, I think people are going to love it."
Pompeo added that "they made me" sing.
"I didn't have a choice," she said.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay