'Grey's Anatomy' Actor T.R. Knight Joins Legendary's Jackie Robinson Biopic '42' (Exclusive)
The biopic will co-star Chadwick Boseman as Robinson and Harrison Ford as Dodgers executive Branch Rickey.
T.R. Knight, best known for his Emmy-nominated work on ABC's Grey’s Anatomy, has joined the cast of 42, Legendary Pictures' Jackie Robinson biopic.
Brian Helgeland is directing the pic, which sees Chadwick Boseman portraying Robinson, the Dodgers legend who broke Major League Baseball's color barrier in 1947, while Harrison Ford is playing Branch Rickey, the man who signed Robinson.
Knight will play Harold Parrott, the Dodgers traveling secretary who has to deal with the repercussions of housing once Robinson joins the team.
Legendary CEO Thomas Tull is producing, and the company's chief creative officer Jon Jashni is exec producing along with former Disney chairman Dick Cook.
Knight has kept a fairly low profile since leaving Anatomy, where he played one of the show’s most popular characters, Dr. George O’Malley. He appeared in an episode of Law & Order: SVU last year, but Knight has concentrated on Broadway and off-Broadway work. His role in 42 will be his first feature since exiting the show in 2009.
Knight is repped by Innovative Artists and Thruline.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game