Greyson Chance Learns Life Lessons from Justin Bieber (Video)
The "Unfriend You" singer tells THR about his whirlwind year and meeting the fellow YouTube star.
While his first album has yet to be released, 13-year old Greyson Chance can still teach aspiring musicians a thing or two.
On Thursday, the singer joined Nick Jonas and Warner Bros. Records executive Mike Elizondo for the GRAMMY Foundation's annual summer camp (held at USC), where they answered questions by high school students from all across the country. Though Chance was discovered on YouTube just one year ago, he's learned the ropes by taking a page straight out of the Justin Bieber guidebook.
"Justin's an amazing guy," Chance told The Hollywood Reporter. "I've met him a couple times and he's a good friend, but [our music] is very different."
Both artists were discovered after uploading performance clips to the video sharing site, making Bieber a perfect candidate to dole out words of wisdom to the up and comer.
"He told me to stick to my family and stick to God," Chance said. "Very good words to live by."
Chance, whose debut (via Ellen DeGeneres' eleveneleven Records) hits stores on August 2, also detailed his favorite experience of the past year.
"I think my favorite moment has been just simply touring," he admitted. "I love being on the road and being able to see how the hard work in the studio really pays off. And just being able to shake hands with the fans, it means a lot."
Watch Chance's complete THR interview in the video below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche