Grindstone, Lionsgate Take Glenn Withrow’s Directorial Debut ‘The Mooring’
Hallie Todd, the mum in Disney's "Lizzie McGuire" series co-wrote the script and stars in the abduction thriller.
COLOGNE, Germany – Grindstone Entertainment has picked up all North American rights to The Mooring, the directorial debut of veteran actor Glenn Withrow (The Outsiders) from sales group The Yellow Affair. Lionsgate Home Entertainment, which has a distribution deal with Grindstone, will release the thriller in the U.S. and Canada.
Withrow co-wrote the screenplay for The Mooring with actress Hallie Todd (Jo McGuire on Disney’s Lizzie McGuire) and producer Ivy Withrow. Todd also stars.
The film pits a brutal killer – played by Thomas Wilson Brown – against a group of teenage girls moored on a houseboat on the St. Joe’s river in Idaho. Co-producer of the film is Penelope L. Foster for In House Media Film Partners.
The North American deal for The Mooring was negotiated by Stan Wertlieb of Grindstone Entertainment and Miira Paasilinna of The Yellow Affair.
Earlier this month, Lionsgate renewed its film slate deal with Grindstone and Emmett/Furla Films for another 10 movies, starting with the crime thriller Empire State, which stars Dwayne Johnson, Liam Hemsworth and Emma Roberts.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR