Robert Plant Dismisses Future Led Zeppelin Reunions as a 'Pain'
The 62-year-old singer says he can't relate to rehashing past hits anymore, affirming, 'There's nothing worse than a bunch of jaded old farts.'
Robert Plant discusses the future of Led Zeppelin and any possible reunion concerts in the new issue of Rolling Stone that dropped Thursday, but the news isn't good.
"I've gone so far somewhere else that I almost can't relate to it...It's a bit of a pain in the pisser to be honest," the 62-year-old singer says about the notion of stepping back into his role as frontman of one of music's preeminent hard rock bands. Plant, who continues to enjoy a successful solo career going on over 30 years, reveals that his 2007 benefit reunion show at London's 02 Arena with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and late drummer Jon Bonham's son Jason Bonham was likely the last time audiences will ever see Led Zeppelin perform together.
"Who cares? I know people care, but think about it from my angle -- soon, I'm going to need help crossing the street," he added.
The passing of time seems to be Plant's primary reason for deciding to abandon any lingering possibility of any more reunions. He laments to Rolling Stone about his disregard of bands that continue to tour with classic hits without offering anything new in the way of original music.
"There's nothing worse than a bunch of jaded old farts, and that's a fact," Plant said. "People who have written their story -- they've gotten to the point where nothing moves. I don't deal in that, and I don't deal with anybody who deals in that."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!