GSN Renews 'American Bible Challenge' for Third Season
The cable network's top-rated original, featuring Jeff Foxworthy and Kirk Franklin, gets an additional nine episodes slated to premiere in 2014.
GSN is sticking with The American Bible Challenge.
The cable network's religious game show, which premiered last summer to the GSN's highest ratings for any original to date, has been renewed for a third season. Host Jeff Foxworthy and musical co-host Kirk Franklin will both be returning for the nine-episode order.
“We are proud of the breakthrough success of this atypical series,” said network executive vp pf programming and development, Amy Introcaso-Davis. “The American Bible Challenge is GSN’s flagship show that appeals to everyone in the family. This series, along with recent hits Minute to Win It and The Chase, serves as the foundation from which we will build on and double our programming efforts in the next year.”
The one-hour series, which debuted its second season in March, is slated to return in 2014.
“Sometimes a show perfectly hits that sweet spot of exciting competition blended with real heart, and that's the story of The American Bible Challenge," added Tom Forman, ceo of series producer Relatively Television. "Our TV and online fans can look forward to another fantastic ride in our third season.”
The American Bible Challenge, which has been viewed by a gross 21 million viewers, saw double-digit increases in key female demos during its second season.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR