Guest list set for gay nups indie comedy
A gay wedding sets the stage for chaos in the indie screwball comedy "For Better or for Worse" from director Joshua Tunick and producer-star Brad Rowe.
Chad Allen, Janeane Garofalo, Rebecca Gayheart, Soleil Moon Frye, Patrick Muldoon and Rowe are attached to star in the story of a grounded pair of grooms whose family threatens to go off the rails at their nuptials.
Frye will play the lesbian minister presiding over the ceremony, held at the home of one of the grooms' mothers (Ruta Lee). The guests include the jilted ex of one of the grooms and his new beau (Muldoon and Allen), a closeted neighbor (Stanley Kamel), a wallflower sister (Gayheart) as well as a family-man brother (Rowe) and his nanny (Garofalo), who has a bombshell to drop.
Eric Kops, Rowe and Tunick are writing and producing the project based on an original idea by Kops. After an advance rehearsal period, the film will have a six-day digital shoot with multiple cameras in the summer.
"The actors will all be very much part of the process," Rowe said. "During rehearsals and on the set, their improvisation will help us expand the story."
The film will be made on a small budget under the Kops-Tunick Prods. banner — "as Brad did on Steven Soderbergh's 'Full Frontal,' " Kops said — or might expand its scope with outside producers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)