Guillaume Canet In Paparazzi Scuffle
A photographer said to have falsely accused the French actor-director of “violence” may be sent to prison.
PARIS - French actor-director Guillaume Canet is involved in an Alec Baldwin-like altercation with a photographer that may see the photographer end up in prison for nine months. Photographer Jean-Claude Elfassi accused Canet of “violence” during an altercation as Canet and Marion Cotillard arrived home from the hospital maternity ward with their new baby in May.
According to the photographer, Canet left his house with an iron bar and threatened him before police stepped in. Elfassi’s son filmed the actor with his cell phone and while Canet made sure the footage was erased from the web, photos were published in French magazine Entrevue.
Elfassi and his son attempted to sue the actor for “violence” and “theft” and their case was not only dismissed, but now Elfassi senior faces charges for “false accusation” and could spend nine months in jail. An official verdict will be reached on Sept. 17.
Cotillard and Canet welcomed their first child Marcel in May. Canet is currently working on his upcoming English-language film Blood Ties starring Cotillard, Mila Kunis, Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana and Belgian breakout star Matthias Schoenaerts.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR