Guillermo del Toro's 'Pacific Rim' Moves Up to May 10, 2013
Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. are teaming on the robots vs. monsters pic.
Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures are so keen on the early special effects from Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim that they're moving up the movie's release from July 12, 2013, to May 10, 2013.
Del Toro begins shooting the Godzilla-meets-Transformers pic begins this fall in Toronto. Thomas Tull's Legendary is taking the lead on the project.
The relocation to May 10 takes Pacific Rim out of the way of Steven Spielberg's Robopocalypse, which is scheduled to hit theaters on July 5.
Pacific Rim stars Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba and Charlie Day, among others.
Producers are Tull, del Toro, Jon Jashni and Mary Parent.
Pacific Rim will be the first film del Toro has helmed since Hellboy II: The Golden Army in 2008.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR