Guitarist Jody Payne Dies at 77
The musician, who toured with Willie Nelson for decades, passed away on Saturday morning.
Jody Payne, a guitarist who toured with Willie Nelson for more than three decades, has died. He was 77.
Nelson publicist Elaine Schock told The Associated Press she received an email from Payne's granddaughter Saturday saying the guitarist died that morning.
According to a 2011 profile in The Mobile Press-Register, Payne toured with Nelson from 1973 to 2008. He retired to Stapleton, Ala., with his wife Vicki. There he continued playing music, teaching the guitar at a local music store.
More details on Payne's death were not immediately available. A call to Payne's home was not answered.
A post on Willie's Nelson's Facebook page about Payne's death Saturday said, "Our friend will be missed."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR