Guns N' Roses Singer Axl Rose Robbed of $200,000 Worth of Jewelry, Police Arrest Woman
UPDATED: Three gold and diamond necklaces were stolen after the band performed in Paris.
Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose is feeling the blues.
Three gold and diamond necklaces estimated to be worth $200,000 were taken from Rose's possession after the band performed a concert in Paris on June 5, the Associated Press reports. Police have arrested a woman -- a model -- in connection to the theft, AFP reports, after she returned the stolen jewelry to a Paris police station though she could not recall how she came to be in their possession.
A police spokesman said that the singer of the Hall of Fame band was fuming after the robbery, which occurred during an intimate gathering following a Guns N' Roses gig.
The spokesman also said that Rose did not appear to be wearing the necklaces.
An investigation has been opened into the jewelry theft.
This latest development comes days after concertgoers wearing T-shirts of former Roses guitarist Slash were asked to remove them or leave London's O2 venue.
Guns N' Roses is scheduled to perform in Germany, Italy and Israel in the coming days as part of the band's tour, according to the group's official website. The tour ends July 22.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR