Gus Van Sant's 'Restless' to Open Cannes Un Certain Regard
Mia Wasikowska and Henry Hopper star in the teen drama produced by Columbia Pictures, Imagine Entertainment and 360 Pictures.
PARIS -- As the world remains restless before Thierry Fremaux announces this year's Festival de Cannes lineup, the fest said Wednesday that Gus Van Sant's Restless will open the Un Certain Regard selection on May 12.
Rising star Mia Wasikowska and Henry Hopper star in the teen drama produced by Columbia Pictures, Imagine Entertainment and 360 Pictures.
Van Sant will be back on the Palais red carpet steps after receiving the Palme d'Or in 2003 for Elephant and the 60th anniversary prize for Paranoid Park in 2007. Van Sant first graced the Croisette in 1995 for To Die For.
The other films rounding out the twentysomething title strong lineup will be announced at Thursday's press conference in Paris.
Jury president Emir Kusturica will present the Un Certain Regard prize on May 21.
Sony Pictures Classics will release Restless stateside.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR