Gus Van Sant's 'Restless' to Open Cannes Un Certain Regard
Mia Wasikowska and Henry Hopper star in the teen drama produced by Columbia Pictures, Imagine Entertainment and 360 Pictures.
PARIS -- As the world remains restless before Thierry Fremaux announces this year's Festival de Cannes lineup, the fest said Wednesday that Gus Van Sant's Restless will open the Un Certain Regard selection on May 12.
Rising star Mia Wasikowska and Henry Hopper star in the teen drama produced by Columbia Pictures, Imagine Entertainment and 360 Pictures.
Van Sant will be back on the Palais red carpet steps after receiving the Palme d'Or in 2003 for Elephant and the 60th anniversary prize for Paranoid Park in 2007. Van Sant first graced the Croisette in 1995 for To Die For.
The other films rounding out the twentysomething title strong lineup will be announced at Thursday's press conference in Paris.
Jury president Emir Kusturica will present the Un Certain Regard prize on May 21.
Sony Pictures Classics will release Restless stateside.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead