Guy Maddin filming 'Night Mayor' for NFB
Short drama commemorates 70th anniversary
On Monday in Winnipeg, director Guy Maddin will begin film "Night Mayor," a short drama that will commemorate the National Film Board of Canada's 70th anniversary.
When Maddin was approached by the NFB to create an original work marking the anniversary, he researched Canada's film heritage inside the NFB's archives and decided to film a cinematic riff on the significance of a public film producer.
"Night Mayor" will be produced by Joe MacDonald out of the NFB Prairie Center in Winnipeg.
Maddin's credits include "Tales from the Gimli Hospital," "Archangel," "Dracula: Pages From a Virgin's Diary," "The Saddest Music in the World " and the recent "My Winnipeg," which won the Toronto Critics Award for Best Canadian Feature in 2008 and also earned Best Canadian Film honors at the 2007 Toronto International Film Festival.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!