Gwen Stefani Donates $1 Million to Japan Relief
10:11 AM PDT 3/23/2011 by Mark Cina
The No Doubt singer and fashion designer aligns herself with Save the Children’s Japan Earthquake-Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund.
Gwen Stefani has donated $1,000,000 today to Save the Children’s Japan Earthquake-Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund to help in the relief and recovery effort in Japan."I've been inspired by Japan for many years and have a true love, appreciation and respect for the Japanese people and their culture,” she said in a statement Wednesday. “The disaster in Japan is beyond heartbreaking and I want to do anything I can to help. I would never be able to make a gesture like this without the love and support of all the fans over all these years.” A limited edition Harajuku Lovers T-shirt designed by Steafni will be available next week through nodoubt.com, with all proceeds going to the relief efforts in Japan. A charity auction is also being organized where fans can bid on the chance to join the singer at a special fundraiser in Los Angeles. Those who wish to participate more immediately may donate now at www.savethechildren.org.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR