Gwen Stefani to Host Fundraiser with Michelle Obama
The No Doubt singer will stage a "Family Day" with the first lady.
If ever there was an organization whose creativity matched Hollywood’s, it’s the Obama re-election campaign. And just to prove it, Michelle Obama is teaming up with singer/fashion designer Gwen Stefani for a novel "Family Day" fundraiser.
The event is set for Aug. 12 at the singer's Beverly Hills home. A family of four can join the first lady and their hostess for a day of child-friendly campaign fun for $1,000. A $5,000 donation gets mom, dad and the presumably Democratic kids additional face time with Michelle and Gwen -- a kind of progressive playdate.
The Orange County-born and -educated Stefani has two young children of her own with English singer Gavin Rossdale of Bush. She recently has moved decisively into activist philanthropy, donating $1 million to aid children affected by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan. She also has staged a series of online auctions of vintage items from her own fashion-forward wardrobe to benefit children’s causes.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR