Gwyneth Paltrow Makes Live Country Debut at CMA Awards
Oscar winner sings title track from upcoming film 'Country Strong.'
While Gywneth Paltrow might have spent her formative years on the Upper East Side, the actress proved she can go Country Strong at the CMA Awards in Nashville Wednesday night.
The Shakespeare in Love star made her live-singing country debut, belting out the theme song for her upcoming film while strumming an acoustic guitar. She was backed by country singer Vince Gill on harmonies.
Paltrow only smiled and did not address the crowd at the end of the song. But stars such as fellow Oscar-winner Nicole Kidman (who is married to country singer Keith Urban), responded with a rousing standing ovation.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR