Gwyneth Paltrow's 'Country Strong' Character Inspired by Britney Spears, Michael Jackson
Says writer-director Shana Feste: 'We build these artists and celebrate them, then at the first sign of weakness, we rally around their downfall.'
Gwyneth Paltrow’s Country Strong character Kelly Canter plays out an all-too-common tale in the music industry: fallen star, substance abuser and rehab graduate hell-bent on a return to their former glory. In fact, it was only last year that we were celebrating Crazy Heart, the male version of this drama, with Jeff Bridges in the lead role for which he won an Academy Award.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR